her comment is here In order to streamline admission and visa procedures for admissions to Candian institutions, a framework was built between the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC). This framework is commonly known as SPP.
Benefits of SPP for Indian Students
- Getting a visa is easier for studying in a community college as there is a lesser documentation required. Also, there is no need of income tax proof.
- An increase in the number of visas issued.
- Students can easily pursue courses of their interest in Canadian institutes.
- Greater efficiency in the admission process and faster processing of visas. The visa processing generally takes 5 to 10 working days.
- Around 47 Candian colleges are listed under SPP.
go to website The students are required to apply to any of the participating SPP institutions and not directly under SPP. In case, the eligibility criteria are met the student is considered under the SPP program. Even though there is a prompt processing of the application under SPP, it is still advisable to make the application at least 3 months prior to the start of college.
- Shortlist colleges and courses depending on your interest
- Make an application to college/ colleges of your choice
- Get your medical test done
- Furnish all required documents
- Apply for the Canadian student visa
view Common for both undergraduate and graduate programs
- Compulsory Medical Test.
- The program for which an application is being made must complement the applicant’s previous education.
- You can’t apply under SPP in case there has been a previous Candian student visa rejection.
- A $10, 000 CAD Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) purchased from Scotia Bank GIC to cover the living expenses during your first year of stay in Canada.
- An overall minimum score of 50% in the most recently completed educational qualification.
- A proof of payment for tuition fee (first semester or one year) depending on the institution’s requirement.
more helpful hints Only for Undergraduate programs
- An overall score of 6.0 in IELTS exam with no band less than 5.5. The score must be valid and issued in last two years.
- There shouldn’t be a study gap of more than 2 years.
site de rencontre totalement gratuit en belgique Only for Post Graduate programs
- An overall score of 6.5 in IELTS exam with no band less than 6.0. The score must be valid and issued in last two years.
- There shouldn’t be a study gap of more than 5 years.
- There should not be more than 8 backlogs in your previous studies.
List of participating colleges under SPP
There are more than 45 colleges listed under SPP. Most of them offer technical courses and diplomas for students to pursue their higher studies in Canada.
- Algonquin College, Ontario
- Bow Valley College, Alberta
- Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Camosun College, British Columbia
- Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- College of New Caledonia, British Columbia
- College of the Rockies, British Columbia
- Columbia College, British Columbia
- Conestoga College, Ontario
- Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Douglas College, British Columbia
- Durham College, Ontario
- Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- George Brown College, Ontario
- Georgian College of Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Grant MacEwan University, Alberta
- Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Ontario
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University, British Columbia
- Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Marine Institute of Memorial University, Newfoundland
- Medicine Hat College, Alberta
- Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Niagara College, Ontario
- North Island College, British Columbia
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Alberta
- Northern College, Ontario
- Northern Lights, British Columbia
- Okanagan College, British Columbia
- Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology, Manitoba
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Selkirk College, British Columbia
- Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Ontario
- St-Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario
- St. Lawrence College, Ontario
- University of The Fraser Valley, British Columbia
- Vancouver Island University, British Columbia
- Vancouver Community College, British Columbia
Image source: aecchandigarh.com